Job Posting: Exciting Opportunity to Join the PSO Division at AHRQ as a Health Scientist Administrator
CLICK HERE to read the full job posting.
“The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s (AHRQ) mission is to produce evidence to make health care safer, higher quality, more accessible, equitable, and affordable, and to work within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and with other partners to make sure that the evidence is understood and used. AHRQ’s Center for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (CQulPS) works to improve the quality and safety of our health care system through research and implementation of evidence. Specifically, the Center:
- Conducts and supports user-driven research on patient safety and health care quality measurement, reporting, and improvement.
- Develops and disseminates reports and information on health care quality measurement, reporting, and improvement.
- Collaborates with stakeholders across the health care system to implement evidence-based practices, accelerating and amplifying improvements in quality and safety for patients.
- Assesses our own practices to ensure continuous learning and improvement for the Center and its members.
CQulPS has an opening for the position of Health Scientist Administrator – Patient Safety in the Patient Safety Organizations (PSO) Division. The responsibilities for this position include:
- Providing program assistance and guidance to the PSOs which include public and private entities, profit and non-profit organizations, provider entities such as hospitals, and other entities that establish special components which serve as PSOs.
- Assisting with the development, implementation, and administration of procedures to review PSO applications and list qualified PSOs.
- Participating in Center efforts to develop and implement procedures to ensure that PSOs are in full compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Serving as a project officer on Federal grants and contracts with professional health organizations and institutions tasked with PSO- and patient safety-related work.
We welcome applications from anyone with the requisite qualifications and interest in the job. Please share this information if you know of others who may be interested.
Please Note: This posting will close on September 29, 2020.”