MSSNY Informative Resources for New York Physicians
March 17, 2020
|The following are informative |
Resources for New York physicians re COVID-19:
– MSSNY COVID-19 Resource Page2020 House of Delegates in Tarrytown Cancelled
– MSSNY’s Coronaviruses 2020 CME Webinar on March 18th
Link to registration
– Precautions Physicians Should Take (from NYSDOH)
– Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) COVID-19 Test Pricing
– FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and COVID-19
– WC: Laws, Regulations, and Decisions
– Telehealth Insurance Circular Letter No. 6 (2020)
A reminder that private insurers must cover telehealth services for patients (including those provided through a smartphone) and without patient cost-sharing.
– COVID-19 Telephonic Communication ServicesSince Medicare still requires telemedicine to be provided only to patients in a rural setting, you should look at “virtual check-in” services under codes G2010, G2012, 99421, 99422 and 99423. For Medicare fees, go to ngsmedicare.com and do a fee schedule lookup for your specific locality (01, 02, 03, 04, or 99).
– Telehealth Benefits in Medicare are a Lifeline for Patients During Coronavirus