Revised Notice of Reporting Requirements and Reporting Timeline for Recipients of Provider Relief Fund Payments
HHS has revised the Provider Relief Fund (PRF) Post-Payment Notice of Reporting Requirements that was issued on January 15, 2021. The new reporting requirements are now available on HHS’ website along with other reporting resources. Review the revised notice for detailed information. A summary of key updates are listed below:
- The period of availability of funds is based on the date the payment is received (rather than requiring all payments be used by June 30, 2021, regardless of when they were received).
- Recipients are required to report for each Payment Received Period in which they received one or more payments exceeding, in the aggregate, $10,000 (rather than $10,000 cumulatively across all PRF payments).
- Recipients will have a 90-day period to complete reporting (rather than a 30-day reporting period).
- The reporting requirements are now applicable to recipients of the Skilled Nursing Facility and Nursing Home Infection Control Distribution in addition to General and other Targeted Distributions.
- The PRF Reporting Portal will open for providers to start submitting information on July 1, 2021.
Summary of Reporting Requirements
|Payment Received Period (Payments Exceeding $10,000 in Aggregate Received)||Deadline to Use Funds||Reporting|
|Period 1||From April 10, 2020 to June 30, 2020||June 30, 2021||July 1 to September 30, 2021|
|Period 2||From July 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020||December 31, 2021||January 1 to March 31, 2022|
|Period 3||From January 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021||June 30, 2022||July 1 to September 30, 2022|
|Period 4||From July 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021||December 31, 2022||January 1 to March 31, 2023|
More resources will be available closer to the July 1 launch of the PRF Reporting Portal.
Action Needed: Reporting Registration
Recipients who received one or more payments exceeding, in the aggregate, $10,000 during a Payment Received Period are required to report in each applicable Reporting Time Period as outlined in the table above.
Providers are encouraged to register in the PRF Reporting Portal in advance of the relevant Reporting Time Period dates. The registration process will take approximately 20 minutes to complete and must be completed in one session. The entire registration form must be completed for it to be saved.
What is needed to register?
Before starting the registration process, recipients should have the following on hand:
- Tax ID Number (TIN) [or other number submitted during the application process (e.g., Social Security Number, Employer Identification Number [EIN])
- Business name of the reporting entity (as it appears on IRS Form W-9)
- Contact information (i.e., name, phone number, email) of the person responsible for submitting the report
- Address (i.e., street, city, state, five-digit zip code) of the Reporting Entity as it appears on IRS Form W-9)
- TIN(s) of subsidiaries (if a provider is reporting on behalf of subsidiary(ies) – in a list delimited by commas, (e.g.,123456789, 987654321, 135791357)
- Payment information (for any of the payments received)
- TIN of entity that received the payment
- Payment amount
- Mode of payment (check or direct deposit ACH)
- Check number or ACH settlement date
To learn more about the Health Resources & Services Administration, visit www.HRSA.gov