Influenza Surveillance Report (for the week ending 11/28/2020)
The New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) collects, compiles, and analyzes information on influenza activity year round in New York State (NYS) and produces this weekly report during the influenza season (October through the following May).
• Influenza activity level was categorized as geographically local. This is the second time local activity has been reported. Local activity was last reported the week ending November 14, 2020.
• Laboratories tested 14,053 specimens for influenza, of which 208 (1.5%) were positive, a 24% decrease over last week.
• Of the 3,312 specimens submitted by WHO/NREVSS clinical laboratories, 1 (0.03%) was positive for influenza.
• Of the specimens resulted at Wadsworth Center, none were positive for influenza.
• The percent of patient visits for influenza-like illness (ILI3) from ILINet providers was 1.23%, below the regional baseline of 3.30%.
• The number of patients hospitalized with laboratory-confirmed influenza was 27, a 42% increase over last week.
• There were no influenza-associated pediatric deaths reported this week. There have been no influenza-associated pediatric deaths reported this season.
CLICK HERE to read the full article.